Colour Friday - 5 independent businesses I recommend
I love a bargain as much as anyone, but as I am a one-woman business I can not hope to compete with the big retailers and their discounts this time of year, so I will not even try!
Many small businesses choose alternatives to black Friday including things like planting trees, giving staff the day off and donating to foodbanks instead of offering big deals.
There is also a growing movement called Colour Friday started by Not On The High Street founder Holly Tucker encouraging shoppers to buy from small businesses at Christmas.
So with all this in mind, I am going to shout about other independent businesses and donate to a local Taunton charity instead of offering discounts this Black Friday.
Independent Businesses I Highly Recommend
- The Handmade Boutique - is a shop in Taunton that is home to over 50 independent makers.
- Collectively Made - is a shop in Wells that sells beautiful handmade items from many Somerset makers. The shop also offers workshops to learn new crafting skills.
- The British Craft House - is an online retailer that gives independent artisans a storefront. Beautiful handmade items from small businesses.
- Menagerie of Mayhem - beautiful, bright and unusual t-shirts and hoodies from this indie small business.
- Helen Leslie Illustrator - fabulous artwork from a very talented lady.
“The Christmas Sparkle Project is run by the community for the community. We work with local charities who support families in need. Our aim is to give a Christmas gift to every child aged 0-18 years living in difficult circumstances in the Taunton and Wellington community. We want to make every child’s Christmas Sparkle.”
I will be dropping off a box of gifts and toys for the project before their deadline of 1st December. If you are local to Taunton and wish to help - there are multiple donation points.
I will be having my annual Christmas sale over on Facebook on 18th December where you can definitely grab a bargain on last-minute Christmas Gifts.
I also have a few bargains and offers available at:
- Seconds – a range of items with slight defects along with end of lines and prototype items.
- Bundles – buy in bulk and get a discount.
- Sale – a few items are reduced or on offer in this section.
Stay In Touch
Please subscribe to my newsletter to be the first to find out about new products and exclusive subscriber discounts and if you follow me on social (Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube) you’ll see lots of behind-the-scenes pics and vids.